The electronic braille writer Elotype 5 is the latest development in the long tradition of producing braille writers in Marburg. The Elotype 5 is an electronic machine in an attractive and ergonomic design with a new synchronous printing and excellent print quality.
Electronic braille writer
Elotype 5 – electronic Braille writer and Braille printer
2.695,00 EUR after tax
(2.883,65 EUR incl. tax)
The Elotype 5 is an electronic braille writer with an easy-to-use and ergonomic braille keyboard. All functions of an electronic typewriter are available; i.e. tabulator, margin release, variable line spacing. It is also able to write in 6-dots- or 8-dots-Braille and can also be connected with your computer with a terminal program. You’ll be able to write directly on your computer and save your written documents.
Using the attachable USB keyboard it is possible to enter black font in the machine that is embossed directly in Braille. Non-blind people are able to read along due to an integrated display which shows 2 line with 20 characters each.
The Elotype 5 can be switched in one-hand operation and therefore be used with just one hand or even one finger.
Via USB interface the ELOTYPE 5 can be used as a personal braille printer on the computer. Both, single sheets and fanfold peaper (with tractor) are applicable.
Graphic braille printer
The ELOTYPE 5 is able to print drawings very precisely. Graphics can be made by the new Software “TactileView”. After converting the picture into a dot pattern the graphic will be sent via serial cable to the ELOTYPE 5.
- Dot spacing 2,5 mm
- Character spacing: Standard 6 mm, variable 5 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 18 mm
- Line spacing variable: Standard 10 mm, variable 7,5 / 10 / 12,5 mm
- paper width 300 mm
- printing size: 252 mm = 42 characters
- Embossing speed ca. 12 characters/sec.
- paper length unbounded
- Paper max. 160 g/m²
- Power supply: primary 230 V 50 Hz; secondary 27 V
- Performance: while usage ca. 20 W, while standby ca. 4 W
- Size 420 x 290 x 100 mm
- Weight 4,9 kg
- USB interface
- serial interface
- USB port for keyboard
- powered by power plag 100 – 240V / 50 – 60 Hz / 30 W
Included in delivery
- power supply
- dust protecting cover
- Software (RTFC/Duxbury/TactileView)
- noise dampening pad
- tractor for use with fan-fold paper
- plastic case
- 6- or 8-dots-Braille input
- Text printing with RTFC translation program
- Graphic printing with graphic software ‘TactileView’, compatible with all current Windows versions
- Black font display on integrated LCD display
- USB Port
- Simplified number entry via USB keyboard
- One-hand-operation possible
- Using cut sheet and endless paper